Child Actors and Performers
- Persons under 18 years of age may be employed and appear for the purposes of singing, acting, or performing in any production approved and coordinated by the Alabama Film Office in conjunction with and under the jurisdiction and supervision of the department. Time and hour restrictions, for persons under 18 years of age employed in a production, shall be established by the department. For the purposes of this section, a production includes, but is not limited to, motion pictures, documentaries, and reality television films.
- A person under 18 years of age may be employed as provided in this section only under the following conditions and with the written consent of the Alabama Film Office, the department, and the parent, legal guardian, or responsible adult of the person:
- The activities enumerated shall not be detrimental to the life, health, safety, welfare, or morals of the person.
- The activities enumerated shall not interfere with the schooling of the person and provisions shall be made for education equivalent to full-time school attendance in the public schools for persons under 16 years of age.
- A parent, guardian, or a responsible adult so designated by the parent or guardian, shall accompany each person under 16 years of age at all rehearsals, appearances, and performances.